Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-18-2014, 08:50 PM   #1

Share |

Button broke on Shower Head that redirects water to Handheld Massager

I have a shower head and handheld massager similar to the one shown in the image below.

Under normal conditions, in order to stop water from coming out of the main shower head and make it come out of the handheld massager, I have to pull up on the button shown and circled below in black (Exhibit 1).

If I want water to come out of the main shower head and not out of the handheld massager, I push the button down.

My problem is that the button does not stay down anymore.

Water comes out of both the handheld massager and out of the main shower head.

If I press the button down, the button it pops right back up and water continues to come out of the main shower head and out of the handheld massager.

If I forcibly press and hold the button down, water still comes out of both the main shower head and handheld massager.

I disconnected the cable from the handheld massager (Exhibit 3) that screws into the shower head and took the entire shower head (Exhibit 2) off the wall.

If I look inside the hole where the handheld massager cable screws in (Exhibit 3) I see what looks like a flathead screw.

If I unscrew the flathead screw the button circled in black (Exhibit 1) comes off.

But the screw does not come out, it remains in the shower head but slides up and down.

I screwed the button back on and put everything back the way I found it.

Does anyone know how to fix?

If you could provide some instructions or even point me to a step by step procedure online, that would be great.

I need to fix this so that when I press the button down, it stays down and the shower head and handheld massager works the way it did before the problem happened.

Last edited by ace2013; 01-18-2014 at 09:27 PM.
ace2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:24 AM   #2
DIY staff

Not likely to fix that broken plastic valve---write to the manufacturer and ask for a replacement---or go out and but a new diverter ---

Old 01-19-2014, 09:18 AM   #3
JDC
Plumbing Contractor

I agree with Mike. That is pretty much a disposable piece. Once it goes bad, its time for a replacement.
JDC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
button, handheld massager, shower head