Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-05-2011, 09:47 AM   #1

Share |

Broken bolt on boiler

from my research it seems as though my boiler mfg is no longer in in business.

I heard hissing the other night and discovered that one of the bolts had broken, leaving a stud in the boiler block. I have guy coming tomorrow to try and extract the bolt, worse case scenario if the coil and other things are in rough shape, I have to get a new boiler. Luckily my brother works in the business and can assist me with a install (he lives 3 hours away)

Questions is once we get the plate off and find the coil is in rough shape and since SUPERIOR Boilers are out of business, will I even be able to get a new coil for this boiler? I guess a better question is does anyone have any knowledge of these boilers? Anyone know where I can even begin to look for parts?

Superior Boilers Randolph, MA. Google makes it tough because of the word superior. MY best guess is this is a 130K BTU input?

iamsaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #2

Broken bolt on boiler

did you ever get an answer to how to find this company. I have been unable to figure out how read the posts in response to problem.
Appreciate your help!
George

georgeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #3

Broken bolt on boiler

superior boiler works...562-928-5509 john abrego 702-715-5266 general manger....may help....Ben
ben's plumbing is offline   Reply With Quote