Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-02-2011, 12:07 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Bradford White TTW1 Hot Water Heater Problem

Hey Gurus. My hot water heater has just gone on the fritz again. A few years ago, I had problems and found that a capacitor on the Robertshaw electrical module circuit board was loose. I resoldered it and have had no problems until recently. Now, the LED light blinks constantly. I looked at the solder joins again and thought that was my problem again, but no. After resoldering, I still have the same problem. I tested all circuits and have 24V where I should. Now here is the odd thing. I unplugged the pilot sensor wire (at least I think that is what it is) and energized the circuit. The relays changed state and the electronic module made noises like it was trying to ignite the main burner. I started to reconnect the sensor wire and it arced as I got it close to the terminal and when I connected it to the terminal, the main burner ignited and it is operating. I don't know if it will reignite later. I have a manual for this heater that I found on the internet, but cannot figure out how the pilot/igniter works. I do have a constant pilot flame and the sensor touches the flame but does not touch the flame shield...like it should. Maybe a new sensor is in order? Also, if there is a pilot light, why does it click to ignite the main burner? I thought pilot lights were to ignite a main burner. Thoughts? Thanks.

Tukibird is offline   Reply With Quote