Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #1
eck

Share |
Question

Boiler coil clogged again less then 2 months.please help

Hello ,
I have had this problem since I changed out my well pump and line. The first time the boiler coil clogged so I just changed it out. Well here we are 1-2 months later and the coil is blocked up again. I tried to back pump water threw it as well and using air I got nothing coming out of it. I wondered if the pump was picking up the rock and sediment and clogging the coil. A buddy of mine who is a plumber just not for wells said it has to be a valve. I am unsure cause I can bypass the coil and push water out of the outlets with full pressure. I'm at a loss what to do it's been a week with no hot water . I wanted to just go out and raise the pump he told me if stuff was being pulled up it would clog the cold line as well. I'm unsure of what to do. Advice please. I would rather raise the pump add another filter before the softeners. and replace the coil.. Any help would be great..
Thanks in advance Gary

eck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:26 PM   #2
Retired from the grind

If your pump is pulling sediment & rock off the bottom, it is too far into the bore. You need to lift it off the floor, so that it is not pulling junk up with it. Also, there are Sediment filters that you can use to filter any particles and minerals that get carried through the piping, before it gets far into the house.

Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eck View Post
Hello ,
I have had this problem since I changed out my well pump and line. The first time the boiler coil clogged so I just changed it out. Well here we are 1-2 months later and the coil is blocked up again. I tried to back pump water threw it as well and using air I got nothing coming out of it. I wondered if the pump was picking up the rock and sediment and clogging the coil. A buddy of mine who is a plumber just not for wells said it has to be a valve. I am unsure cause I can bypass the coil and push water out of the outlets with full pressure. I'm at a loss what to do it's been a week with no hot water . I wanted to just go out and raise the pump he told me if stuff was being pulled up it would clog the cold line as well. I'm unsure of what to do. Advice please. I would rather raise the pump add another filter before the softeners. and replace the coil.. Any help would be great..
Thanks in advance Gary
how deep was old pump and line..and how deep did you install new one .......how deep is well? simple math....ben sr
ben's plumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:53 AM   #4

If your not having problems anywhere else in the house and you changed out the coil once maybe something happened to the incoming and outgoing valves when you installed the new coil. The first thing I would do is check the flow not bypassed around the coil but thru the coil with no valves in the water flow. Then I would proceed to the well problem unless you are absolutely sure the coil is blocked with sediment.
If it's blocked it's time to check out the entire well system.
HMM, but that don't explain the fact that it's been operating properly for a while with a new coil.