DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (http://www.diychatroom.com/)
-   Plumbing (http://www.diychatroom.com/f7/)
-   -   Black vs Galvinized down by the ocean (http://www.diychatroom.com/f7/black-vs-galvinized-down-ocean-159018/)

biggles 10-05-2012 05:51 AM

Black vs Galvinized down by the ocean
 
local plumber in conversation said galvinized is the way to go with less or no rotting out over the years compared to black pipe from the meter to the kitchen and boiler room..need a pro plumber's take on it...thanks

Bondo 10-05-2012 05:59 AM

Ayuh,.... waterlines,..?? plastic never rusts....

joecaption 10-05-2012 06:24 AM

Must be a really old plumber is he's still using steel pipe of any kind if it's water lines your talking about.
CPVC, Pex, or copper are the norms for the past 20 years or so.

Steel pipe rusts out from the inside out and at some point will leak, burst, or close up on the inside and reduce flow.

TheEplumber 10-05-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggles (Post 1024137)
local plumber in conversation said galvinized is the way to go with less or no rotting out over the years compared to black pipe from the meter to the kitchen and boiler room..need a pro plumber's take on it...thanks

Are you talking gas or water...

biggles 10-05-2012 05:31 PM

natural gas ....while i have you here would you know the standing pressure test in PSI and time to verify on a main gas header thru a home meter to shut offs only not up to loads...thanks

hvac benny 10-05-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggles
natural gas ....while i have you here would you know the standing pressure test in PSI and time to verify on a main gas header thru a home meter to shut offs only not up to loads...thanks

You can NOT pressure test the meter. You already asked that question in HVAC. You need to ask your local authority what they require. A good time to do that would be when you go down to pull the permit.

hvac benny 10-05-2012 07:41 PM

No one said you couldnt ask questions. Too bad you needed to cop an attitude here and name call like a child. I could have really helped you out. Oh well, good luck with your little project.

ben's plumbing 10-05-2012 08:43 PM

come on guys :(

hvac benny 10-05-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben's plumbing
come on guys :(

Rofl.

ben's plumbing 10-05-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvac benny (Post 1024719)
Rofl.

care to translate:huh:

hvac benny 10-05-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben's plumbing
care to translate:huh:

ROFL = Rolling On Floor Laughing.

ddawg16 10-05-2012 10:09 PM

Hey....looks like a good time to give our new mod Jim some work.....

TheEplumber 10-06-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddawg16 (Post 1024765)
Hey....looks like a good time to give our new mod Jim some work.....

Funny, I had just read the censorship thread. ROFL :thumbsup:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 PM.


Copyright 2003-2014 Escalate Media LP. All Rights Reserved