Bit Of A Dilemma - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-09-2011, 12:47 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Bit of a dilemma

Hi everyone,

We're in a bit of a bind here and I was hoping someone might be able to chime in and give us a bit of direction..

We are purchasing our first home (forclosure) and pretty much everything is stripped. Fortunately it's mostly simple things fixtures, appliances, baseboard.. (really..)

However, in the master bath i looks like they had a regular built-in tub unit originally, but opted to put in a corner jetted tub. The problem(s) with this is that it is not hooked up, there is no motor, and no electrical panel.. Also, there is no branding whatsoever on the tub stating what model or even brand it is.

I was hoping someone could identify some objects and maybe give some insight.

I apologize for the blurry photos, I only had my phone with me on the inspection of the house..

It looks like the overflow and drain are hooked up correctly on the tub:

Although it's missing some things... I'm assuming the control panel (top) and motor (bottom)? Also, you can see the ends of the faucet controls hanging towards the top of the photo.

I'm assuming these are the hard water lines that would connect to the ends the faucet controls in the top of previous photo? Red = hot water?

Finally, this is just a shot of the actual room. I belive the tub in there previously was a left side drain (as is this) but had the controls on the left side as well... So it looks like we will definatly need to run hard lines across the room to the new faucet and handles im assming? Its also setup for one of those corded hand held shower heads whch I think gets a hard line hooked up to it..?

Sorry about all the questions everyone, we're just really at a loss with this right now. If we have to remove the tub and get something else in there we would have to re-do the entire room since we don't have the same tiles that were used...

I'd really prefer to leave this there.. even if there was a way to get it to act like a normal non-jetted tub. Caulking the inside of the jets comes to mind as a last resort to keep water out..

Thanks for taking the time to read over this, we really appreciate it!

Advertisement

Last edited by mhugh003; 03-09-2011 at 12:52 AM.
mhugh003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:57 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

Bit of a dilemma

getting a new motor for a jetted tub isn't a big deal, they're all over the internet and you can get them at pool supply places in most areas. the hard part is repiping the pvc to fit the new pump. it looks like your tub has an air switch, so make sure the new pump has a place for it.

Advertisement

the_man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to the_man For This Useful Post:
mhugh003 (03-09-2011)
Old 03-09-2011, 01:28 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Bit of a dilemma

Thanks!

Any information at all is helpful. This is my first time dealing with this type of tub but I'm thinking there should be some sort of electrical panel that goes along with the pump to control it? This is what I'm worried about not being able to locate since we don't know the brand or model number of the tub..
mhugh003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:35 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 500

Bit of a dilemma

ya know, i'm not sure. i've changed a couple of pumps in the past, but i'm by no means an expert... hopefully someone else here is it seems to me that there probably isn't, unless your tub has fancy lights and stuff. they have a switch to turn it on and a dial to adjust flow. doesn't seem like it would need fancy circuitry. just my .02... hopefully it helps
the_man is offline   Reply With Quote