DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   Birthday Gift... (

LuvMyPlumber 09-25-2008 03:14 PM

Birthday Gift...
My beloved husband would like a spud wrench for his birthday. Being the good wife that I am, I'm trying to find him one but, naturally, there is more than one to pick from. As a new construction plumber, what would be the best type/brand to get him?

Termite 09-25-2008 03:24 PM

Since your husband is a plumber, I'm assuming he's wanting a plumbing spud wrench. As stupid as it sounds, there are two totally different wrenches referred to as "spud" wrenches. The other variety is used by ironworkers in building erection.

A lot of plumbers are fond of Ridgid tools. They have pretty good quality plumbing tools for sure.

Just for your info, and to confuse things a little, here's the other variety. I don't imagine that it is what he's wanting. They're basically crescent wrenches with a pointed end for aligning bolt holes in steel beams and are not all that useful in the plumbing trade in this configuration.

JDC 09-25-2008 06:43 PM

As a new construction plumber myself, this is what I use.....

just the muddy the waters further :eek:

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1