Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
JOATMON

Rewards Points: 2,312

Best Way to Plumb 2 Sinks?

I have an issue that I would like expert input on.

Upstairs in our master bath, we 'will' have 2 sinks. The Vanity area is L-shaped. In the below photo, the black ABS pipes sticking up represent the apx location the sinks will be. I have the vent pipe already installed....you can see it sticking down...the black pipe that is clamped horz is 'about' where I would run the vent line for that sink.

Part of my problem....below that vent pipe is a nice large 7x12 PSL beam....

So...my down line has to be on either side of it....

The sink on the left is easy....I can drill through the bottom plate and run the drain pipe between floor joists....

Other sink is not so easy....that outside wall has a 4x12 PSL beam under it....I'm not going to be drilling in it. Because everything will be hiden by the lower cabinet....I was thinking of just running the drain along the wall over to the corner and mergin with the other drain....

So the real question is....how far can I run a sink drain more or less horz over to anther sink?

My 2-Story Addition Build in Progress Link ... My Garage Build Link and My Jeep Build Link
ddawg16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,236

Short answer- a 1.5" trap arm can be 42" from the vent to the weir of the trap.(UPC)
Have you considered going through the floor at the back of the vanity- before the beam, then 45 offset into the wall? The vanity toe kick should hide it

Alan (09-30-2012)
Old 09-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #3
JOATMON

Rewards Points: 2,312

Using the space below the toe kick? Handn't thought of that....

Considering the typical toe kick is 3.5" high....(I usually make mine 4")...figure 3/4" for the bottom shelf of the vanity....1.5" for the ABS....that gives me 2" for slope....at 1/4"/ft....that gives me plenty of room.....

My other option was to build a soffet on the back side where the vanity would be....but your option sounds better...

Thanks for the input

My 2-Story Addition Build in Progress Link ... My Garage Build Link and My Jeep Build Link
ddawg16 is online now   Reply With Quote