Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-23-2011, 12:46 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 150

Best way to clean mold? Pics included

As some of you know, I had recently posted asking for help on removing a beat up tub (cracking continuously, leaking, etc). And due to your guys' help, I have removed the tub! Thanks so much. It was quite a bit of work, but glad I was able to do it with the advice I found on here.

With that being said, I expected to find mold, and I found a lot of it. As you can see by the photos, I took some pics of the mold before I removed the green board and part of the tub. The second photo is after the tub was completely removed, and I had removed some green board. The third photo is with all the green board removed. After all the green board was removed, I bleached everything, wood, and all to clean up whatever mold was left behind. But I have heard mixed reviews about bleach being used on porous surfaces so I feel I will need to use something more effective. With that being said, I have two questions:

1) What mold cleaner (or cleaning tools/supplies/chemicals/foggers) can I buy that is recommended for porous surfaces? I need to still clean everything a bit more in picture 3 to ensure no mold spores are left.
2) What is that material in picture 3 that is behind the studs and grey in color? I'm asking about the panels behind the studs and below the aluminum-looking panels. The reason I ask is because it is somewhat deteriorated due to moisture and I need to decide if I should replace it or clean it.

Thanks for the help, always appreciated
Attached Thumbnails
Best way to clean mold?  Pics included-img_0924.jpg   Best way to clean mold?  Pics included-img_0934.jpg   Best way to clean mold?  Pics included-img_0937.jpg  

Last edited by amodoko; 11-23-2011 at 12:50 PM.
amodoko is offline   Reply With Quote