Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-22-2010, 05:29 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Bathtub/Shower Faucet Recommendations?

I need replace a 2-year old Moen Castleby tub/shower faucet. I called Moen today and they were kind enough to order me the parts I need free-of-charge, but after getting a closer look at the components (faucet, spout, etc.) many of which are made out of plastic, I think I'm better off getting a whole new setup.

Which manufacturer offers the best value, as well as solid metal construction? I'll need a single control with slip fit spout.

Thanks,
Kelly

kcrossley2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:11 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 20

Bathtub/Shower Faucet Recommendations?

If you go with any other manufacturer, you'll have to replace the rough-in valve, too. Not easy to do unless there's an access panel on the other side of the wall where the valve is installed.

The best one I can think of that's "all metal" and that's still fairly priced (but still more expensive than Moen) is Newport Brass. Even Grohe is mostly plastic these days (as far as the visible trim pieces go).

Kohler has some trim sets that are all (or mostly) metal, but only when you go up a little higher in price.

Last edited by Ishmael; 01-22-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Ishmael is offline   Reply With Quote