Bathtub Faucet Help - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-19-2012, 08:26 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 31

Bathtub faucet help

Is there a way to adjust the flow coming out of my bathtub faucet? It's currently very loud, disruptive, high pressure flow that splashes all over the place. All the other faucets (kitchen, bath sink) are much smoother and quieter, while still having strong pressure.

It's an older, single knob style, where turning the knob to the left turns it on, pressure and flow increases the more I turn to the left. In order to get hot water, the knob needs to be turned all the way to the left, which also means its fully open with max pressure (by design, I assume its all working properly).

I'd like to keep the good pressure coming out of the shower, so I don't want to affect the supply going to the bathroom if possible.

Is there something I could do to lessen the pressure coming out of the tub faucet? Would a new fixture make a difference? Like I said, it's fairly old (was there when I bought the house 2 years ago).

Advertisement

jmorc2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:08 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

Bathtub faucet help

in my own house I switch the water lines on those valves. For one I can take a bath and have the hot water dribble and it will keep my water warm. Maybe a pressure regulator on the tub spout, but access maybe difficult.

Advertisement

paintdrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:44 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 500

Bathtub faucet help

Replace the tub spout. Get one that has an aerator on the end just like the spouts on your sinks.
Ishmael is offline   Reply With Quote