Bathroom Venting/Waste Design Outline - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-01-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
AJA

Rewards Points: 10

Bathroom Venting/Waste design outline

I am re-designing a bathroom and by extension the plumbing has fallen into my hands. But I have come across several questions and I am getting too many "that won't be a problem" type responses.

My main aim was to use direct venting rather then add additional venting pipes since the distances seem to adhere to code based on pipe size. I was planing on running a 3" pipe from bathtub so that distances are within code.

I can either run them separately to the main stack at different heights, or connect them to the same horizontal branch.

Can I connect two drains (bathtub/toilet) to the same vertical waste/vent stack at different heights? If so, does it matter which one is on top?

or can

Can I connect both bathtub and toilet to same horizontal branch that would lead into the vertical waste/vent stack, without an independent vent in between or before? In other words use direct venting for both running on the same branch.

I have found variations but generally I can run at least 8' vertically without a vent for a 3" pipe.

Thanks for the advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Bathroom Venting/Waste design outline-diagram.jpg  

Advertisement

AJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:11 AM   #2
Plumber/Contractor

Rewards Points: 2,604

Can you tell us what plumbing code you are referencing and where you live? Most of your description wouldn't fly in my neck of the woods

Advertisement

TheEplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:38 PM   #3
AJA

Rewards Points: 10

The property is located in Saint Peters Missouri.

IRC 3105.1 Maximum Distance of Fixture from Trap Vent

For 2" size trap it gives a distance of 8 feet.
AJA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
venting