Bathroom Plumbing Question - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-20-2011, 10:33 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

Bathroom plumbing question

I was thinking of replacing our guest bathroom vanity. There is an insulated rubber hose that reads "Heater Hose" that is connected just above the P-trap. Can anybody let me in on the function of this hose? I'm assuming it will need to be reconnected with the new vanity.

Last summer, our AC unit stopped working due to a drainage pipe blockage which was flushed out with pressurized gas. The material causing the blockage blew out our guest bathroom sink and all over the walls and ceiling in the guest bathroom. My guess is that this rubber hose is the AC/Heat pump drainage plumbing.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Bathroom plumbing question-img_0237.jpg  

Advertisement

btmtat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:42 PM   #2
Plumber/Contractor

Rewards Points: 2,638

Bathroom plumbing question

Quote:
Originally Posted by btmtat View Post
I was thinking of replacing our guest bathroom vanity. There is an insulated rubber hose that reads "Heater Hose" that is connected just above the P-trap. Can anybody let me in on the function of this hose? I'm assuming it will need to be reconnected with the new vanity.

Last summer, our AC unit stopped working due to a drainage pipe blockage which was flushed out with pressurized gas. The material causing the blockage blew out our guest bathroom sink and all over the walls and ceiling in the guest bathroom. My guess is that this rubber hose is the AC/Heat pump drainage plumbing.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
You're correct. It looks like its pvc or copper in the wall. You will need to reinstall it on the new vanity

Advertisement

TheEplumber is online now   Reply With Quote