DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

bathroom plumbing plan review

2K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  TheEplumber 
#1 ·
This is my first plumbing project and I was wondering if I could get someone to review my plan in the picture below.

I'm building a new 12'x5' bathroom attached to an existing outbuilding. The outbuilding is built on a slab and the new bathroom would be as well. Due to grading it will be connecting to a sewage pump.

Obviously the hand drawing in the picture isn't to scale but it should be fairly apparent what I'm trying to do. The main waste line will run under the slab right down the middle of the room. The vents will run up the south wall where they'll combine and then exit on the roof.

Any thoughts, suggestions, warnings?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Are you located in WA by any chance?
Just guessing by your name. If so, your layout will not pass code there.

You have flat vents underground which are frowned on. I also believe there are easier ways to pipe the toilet.
There are also easier ways to pipe the vents. You have more vents than whats needed.

#10 ·
KingCrabLegs said:
Best I can tell:

WASHINGTON STATE BUILDING CODE
CHAPTERS 51-56 and 51-57 WAC
UNIFORM PLUMBING CODE and
UNIFORM PLUMBING CODE STANDARDS 2006 Edition
Ah, so you are in WA. I'll give you some ideas later, I'm at work now using my phone
But for starters you can wet vent the lav off the toilet or shower. That will save you some fittings and time.

#11 ·
Thank you, I truly appreciate it - no rush, I can wait until later!

So are you saying that I could have a vent off the main waste line after where the toilet joins in? Would that be in addition to the sink vent or instead of?

Someone mentioned above that I might not be able to vent off the main waste line since it's underground (under a concrete slab)??

#12 ·
This will pass your inspection per UPC- there are other ways to pipe it as well but a single vent on the building sub drain will do it.
You will need roughly 15" below finish floor to do this layout- the fittings at the toilet will determine the depth(flange, 2-90's and a santee)- set your basin accordingly. Don't forget a 2" vent on the basin
Good luck!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.