Bath Tub Slow - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-13-2012, 09:11 PM   #1
HVAC Tech/ Browns Fan

Rewards Points: 500

bath tub slow

I have a slab house and the bath tub draining very slowly. I did try to clear it was with a snake by getting behind tub and no luck. I even try liquid fire and still no luck. I did also notice when the washer is spinning out the water is backing in the tub ( washer room is right behind the bathroom) I went outside and see no back up but very little water is coming out from the house. The toilets are flushing fine so far. So as a hvac tech and always say leave it to people knows what to do. So my question is how are they going to do what I had done already? Do you go up the roof and use the vent? Also how much should I look to pay? Thanks all .

Advertisement

Tator1076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:29 PM   #2
Master Plumber

Rewards Points: 718

bath tub slow

If you have access from the roof (a vent) rent a 75 footer should not need to much cable, whatever you do donít call Roto Rooter. Be careful with that acid you poured down the drain when you are cabling the line.

Advertisement

Experience is Knowing what to do next, Skill is knowing how to do it

http://www.americandrain.net
Javiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 150

bath tub slow

Just for giggles, seeing your washer /tub is on the same drain line, run your snake down the washer drain. What diameter cable snake are you using and how long ? Push the snake in slowly with a small amount of water running in the tub and rotate the cable clockwise....

Push the snake in about a foot at a time then back it out 4-6 inches on and on. Check on the water level in the tub randomly, at some point you will either see it drop like it should or it will keep rising. If it rises after you have run the snake to at least the 4 in house main sewer drain, call a plumbing/drain service company, anywhere from about $150-200 probaly. They will do the same thing as I have posted here, but their machines have a "softer" steel cable allowing it to turn thru traps and ells easier, plus they have that "in and out" action down pat. good luck to you.

Last edited by Jeeps; 05-13-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Jeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:54 PM   #4
DIY staff

Rewards Points: 3,304

bath tub slow

How old is the plumbing? If 1960 or older ,you may have a barrel trap---these contraptions clog and can not be cleaned out with a snake---