Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-02-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
LHO

Share |

Bath plumbing venting

I am doing a bathroom remodel. This is a "guest bath" which consists of a room 5' by 12.5'. The tub and toilet are in a small separate room at the end of the room. It is such a tight little room that you have to either stand on the toilet or stand in the tub to close or open the door. The toilet tissue roll is under your arm.

The outer room has a double vanity plus linen closet.

The plan is to remove the dividing wall, eliminate one of the sinks and move the toilet 12" away from the tub.

The master bath is on the other side of the wall. I included a drawing (sorry about my drawing skills!).

The space below the guest and master bathrooms is my office. I have holes in the ceiling so that I can see how it is plumbed.

I opened up the dividing bathroom wall to find a vent for the toilet. This is close to where the toilet will be relocated and I don't want a wall, let alone the vent in the middle of the room. I could probably rework the vent up into the wall between the bathrooms, but I have a 2 x 12 floor joist in the way .

The two shower/bath drains are run separately and have their own vents. (There are vents all over the roof from these two bathrooms.)

Does each toilet require a separate vent or is the existing #1 toilet vent adequate? (The #1 vent is within 6' of both toilets)

LHO is offline   Reply With Quote