DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Basement Throne Toilet - Hate it!

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  joecaption 
#1 ·
So I have a throne basement toilet and shower I truly hate. I think it looks cheap and stupid.

Whats it going to take to get the tub and toilet grouded?

broken up concrete for pipeline underground and someone to lay the PVC or I've also heard of these pressure pump toilets that you can set right on the floor and the waste gets flushed into a pressure pump that sits behind the toilet so the waste doesn't get stuck.

Any ideas? I'd like a cheap project here but will pay up if its my only option. We just got this (our first home) a few months back and this is probably one of the few things I can't stand. Everything else I have remodeled myself up to this point Upstairs bathroom, new basement carpet, beadboard, door trim and so on. Through a lot of trial and error as a newby DIYer but it was fun and its done. Now onto this basement bathroom.

#2 ·
liberty pumps or saniflo called a macerator system but the shower or tub will have to be built up to get trap in if close a 2x6 stage will work
if you do not like that layout floor, cut concrete and start digging

#4 ·
Not a cheap job anyway you do it. Since you have to ask I'll guess you have never done this before. May want to call a plumber and see what needs to be done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.