Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-19-2012, 11:16 PM   #1

Share |

Basement Plumbing

I'm just trying to plan out the bathroom in the basement and need to identify what is stubbed in. The toilet seems obvious and is marked by the flag. The pipe coming up i'm guessing is for the sink drain. However, there is a little square in the bottom right of the photo that i'm not sure what it is. Could that be the p-trap for a shower? Or a cleanout? It looks like some kind of PVC that is partially covered with concrete. Also, there is a big square made with 2x4's that i'm not sure what that is. I'm not sure it's even related to plumbing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

sile16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:59 PM   #2
sacramento plumber

Location: born and raised in San mateo ca. living in Sacramento Ca for 3 years now.

Basement Plumbing

well i hope you have more than that of plumbing because that pic is not real sharp that being said the toilet does look obvious that's the good news, square with 2x4s is most likely for a shower if you take all that out there should be a 2" p trap or a 2" pipe stubbed in some plumbers will stub in then on top out cut what they need off then install the trap.But the big issue is the vents the 2" against the wall is the vent for the toilet unless in your area you can wet vent if so that could be a lav. But as for the shower not real sure but if who roughed that in wet vented toilet, show and lav i think that 2" is to small it must be 1 pipe size bigger maybe someone hear will no for sure.And for that small square break it up and see what it is.Hope this helps a little.

wctekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:12 AM   #3

Basement Plumbing

There is also a vent pipe in the ceiling directly above the lav that isn't in the picture.

Any idea what that small pvc square is at the bottom right?
sile16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:10 AM   #4
sacramento plumber

Location: born and raised in San mateo ca. living in Sacramento Ca for 3 years now.

Basement Plumbing

vent in the ceiling but what's it hook to? just take the wood out or what ever that material is and look as long as your careful just in case there's a pipe real close to top of slab and if there is nothing there its a small patch any way, your not wanting to leave it like it is
wctekkk is offline   Reply With Quote