Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-12-2010, 11:55 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

basement flooding

Twice this year we have had water in basement. It seems to only come from cracks in floor. Only lived here a year. Water has come in latter part of summer and fall. We have a very cracked cement drive that I know has to come up. But the water is coming in the other side of the basement thru the floor. Do I need a sump pump or might this be a "city" problem. How do I tell, who do I call? A plumber or a pump guy or the city? Any advice welcome!!

Cari62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:02 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,036

basement flooding

First check all around the outside of the house during a heavy rainstorm. If water collects against the foundation, that needs to be fixed even if you have to regrade the land.

Do not dig holes or dry wells near the foundation to drain water into, you want the water taken some distance away.