Basement Bathroom, Would The Following Be Okay By Code?? - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-06-2010, 08:31 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Basement Bathroom, Would the Following be Okay by Code??

Hey All, I am new at this sorry about the bad diagram/terminology. I am currently developing my basement and installing a full bathroom. The basement was roughed in for a half bath before we started our work so we want to make the necessary changes to allow a full bath. The following picture is the current...

I have confirmed that nothing is connected on other floors to the vent going to the roof. The vent is 2" and the toilet rough-in pipe is 4". Basically I am proposing going from 4" to 2" and instaling the shower where the toilet currently is, I then am going to move the vent a little bit closer to the drain to make room for the new toilet connection coming off the main pipe. On the other side of the wall I also want to add in a bar sink. Is the venting fine as is? or would a cheater vent be required for the bar sink? It is possilbe to T back to the main vent from the bar sink but it is work i am hoping i dont have to do. The following picture is how i would like it to look after i am done.

If you have any questions about anything let me know! all input is welcome!!

Thanks,
Mike

Advertisement

MikeCalg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:39 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 254

If allowed where you live look into a studor vent for the bar sink. They are not allowed in all localities

Advertisement

plumberinlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:49 PM   #3
Plumber/Contractor

Rewards Points: 2,604

The bar sink needs a vent and your 2" vent is sized large enough to vent all of your fixtures. Consider tying into it with all your fixture vents in the bathroom if possible.
TheEplumber is offline   Reply With Quote