DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Basement Bathroom Venting

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Beepster 
#1 ·
Question: How do I vent a new basement bathroom when there is no overhead vent line to tie into to carry out through the roof?

Back story: a double wide house put on a full basement foundation in 2007. Basement bathroom plumbing was roughed in at time of build. I am now finishing the basement off and do not know how to vent. I have toilet, sink, tub, and shower. I would really like to not use AAVs (even if they are allowed). There is one story above with vaulted ceilings so I do not have an attic to work in. There is a first floor bathroom directly above the basement bathroom with a vent through the roof.

Can I shoot a vent out the rim joists out the side, or do I have to open up the first story bathroom to tie in in the wall? Or any other ideas?

Brian

#3 ·
Question: How do I vent a new basement bathroom when there is no overhead vent line to tie into to carry out through the roof?
The specifc's will vary but the solution is certain to include some drywall repair as the pipe runs through the next level finished space on it's way to the roof.

There is a first floor bathroom directly above the basement bathroom with a vent through the roof.
^^ That'll be the wall to target.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.