Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-01-2010, 10:04 AM   #1

Share |
Question

Basement bathroom under slab plumbing

Hello All,
My wife and I have decided to get our hands dirty and give it a go at doing the plumbing for our basement bathroom. The bathroom was stubed out by the builder for a toilet/shower/sink. We have decided to do a toilet/shower/whirlpool tub/double sink. To do this we knew we needed to break up some concrete and run a new line or two. This weekend we got to breaking up the concrete and running our new lines for the tub/shower/sink. During the process we hit a bit of a snag. Per (GA) code, are we allowed to do what we planned on doing? I've attached 2 photos for reference. one is an actual picture of the job (does not include proposed pipe for shower and sink) and the other is a quick sketch I did.

A few added notes: we decided to just cap off the existing sink stub b/c it was not where we wanted it. We didn't see to much issue in that. We ran a seperate line to the new sink location. Our original thought was to tie the new shower drain into the main 3" pipe coming off the toilet but the 3" pipe will not budge so we could not see how to get a Y in there so we decided to simply connect the new shower drain to the existing 2" line that also drains the new sink and tub. Any thoughts/advice/tips would be greatly appreciated.

garynlisa is offline   Reply With Quote