Basement Bathroom Questions - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-04-2011, 01:55 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Basement Bathroom questions

About ready to tackle a basement bathroom reno.....couple of questions need answered prior to starting however

1. Have the basement floor drain which will be in line to where the wall will go up.....safe to say that i cannot tapcon into the cement in that area??? Thinking of using PL Premium on the bottom and attaching the top to the upstairs floorjoists

2. Because it is an existing bathroom...i am going to need to move the vanity over about 3-4 feet from its current location.Can i just add an additional pvc pipe to the one and run the line to it? (will save me from tearing up the concrete floor(which this line will also be extremely close to the basement floor drain)

Could use some advice on these 2......Thanks ALL

Advertisement

zoolou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:58 PM   #2

I would think that the pipe is deeper then the tapcon would hit.

Moving the vanity depends on how far that would move it from the vent. It can only be so far from the vent.

Advertisement

bkeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:05 PM   #3

because the plumbing was already done before... the additional moving of the pipe away from where the vent pipe is now is approx 7 feet from it total. The vanity is next to the shower so is it possible that it is all tied in together?
Old 01-04-2011, 05:23 PM   #4

Another question.....as i opened up the wallsi found where the pvc vents are for the shower,vanity connected to the rest of the stack however there is one teed off at the bottom with a removable cover.....What would this be used for??? Its below the vent for the shower,laundry ....appears to be teed off for the vanity.....Can this be used for a exhaust vent for the bathroom?
Old 01-04-2011, 07:53 PM   #5
Plumber/Contractor

Rewards Points: 2,616

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoolou View Post
Another question.....as i opened up the wallsi found where the pvc vents are for the shower,vanity connected to the rest of the stack however there is one teed off at the bottom with a removable cover.....What would this be used for??? Its below the vent for the shower,laundry ....appears to be teed off for the vanity.....Can this be used for a exhaust vent for the bathroom?
May be a clean out or a capped branch line. Hard to say. Can you upload some pictures?
Do not put an exhaust vent into any part of the plumbing system. They don't mix!
TheEplumber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:13 PM   #6

Here's a pic of the piping
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2011, 08:39 PM   #7
Plumber/Contractor

Rewards Points: 2,616

Thats a rough in for a lav
TheEplumber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:08 PM   #8

Vanity is opposite the shower(to the left)
Old 01-06-2011, 05:36 PM   #9

Update.....after removing several more walls.....and having a contractor/friend come over.....majority of the pvc piping isn't done correctly .....and also i am leaking on the main waste stack at the bottom......the previous owner dummies over tighten and cracked the clean out which is basically at ground level,so now i have to break up the concrete around the wasteline and and a connector and move up another cleanout at least a foot off the ground......urrrggghhhhh....and yes i am having someone come in and scope my lines...........

Advertisement