Basement Bathroom Plumbing & Venting - Need Help! - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-21-2009, 10:24 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Basement Bathroom Plumbing & Venting - Need Help!

I enjoy doing projects myself and have recently undertaken a big one. I am finishing my basement. I figured I would start with the bathroom since that involved removing portions of the slab and installing a sewage ejector pump (my main sewer line is 8' above the basement floor). I have already removed the concrete and have the pump where I would like it, but am uncertain exactly how the venting should work. After reading through these forums I understand the basics of what size drain and vent lines are necessary ... I'm just not sure if my plan is best suited for the fixtures I have. I am attaching a very basic drawing with how I am planning on laying out the drain lines and vent lines.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated! I live in Atlanta, GA, so if anyone has any experience with code in or around the area ... let me know (my calls to the building department have gone unreturned).

Thanks so much!
Attached Thumbnails
Basement Bathroom Plumbing & Venting - Need Help!-basement-bathroom-plumbing.jpg  

Advertisement

Tbone2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:36 AM   #2
Remodeling Contractor

Rewards Points: 2,000

The ejector pump should have a separate vent through the roof, not one connected to other fixtures.

Advertisement

Bob Mariani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:44 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Is there any way to avoid running a separate vent for the sewage ejector pump? I live in an older home that poses a lot of challenges for running a separate vent, so if it's avoidable I would definitely want to go that route!
Tbone2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:58 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone2009 View Post
I enjoy doing projects myself and have recently undertaken a big one. I am finishing my basement. I figured I would start with the bathroom since that involved removing portions of the slab and installing a sewage ejector pump (my main sewer line is 8' above the basement floor). I have already removed the concrete and have the pump where I would like it, but am uncertain exactly how the venting should work. After reading through these forums I understand the basics of what size drain and vent lines are necessary ... I'm just not sure if my plan is best suited for the fixtures I have. I am attaching a very basic drawing with how I am planning on laying out the drain lines and vent lines.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated! I live in Atlanta, GA, so if anyone has any experience with code in or around the area ... let me know (my calls to the building department have gone unreturned).

Thanks so much!
I would recommend running 4" pipe to the toilet a 4 by 3 closet flanges slips right into a 4 inch sch 40 pipe. Also your vent for the sewage pump pit should go all the way thru the roof by itself with nothing else tied into it. I have done it the way you have it drawn and it worked fine as long as you go at least 8 inches above the flood rim of the top fixture but it is not up to code.
al's sewer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basement , basement bathroom , plumbing , sewage ejector pump , venting