Basement Bar Sink Drain/vent Advice - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-27-2011, 12:47 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Basement bar sink drain/vent advice

We're in the process of finishing our basement. The water coming into the house comes up about a foot away from the wall in where we want to have a family room.

Name:  bathroom_sm.jpg
Views: 1624
Size:  28.5 KB

To hide the water input pipe, we'd like to build a bar in that area with a sink, about where the unpainted brick is in the photo. My question is how would I drain and vent a sink near that pipe.

To finish the brick walls, I'm planning a layer that looks like: http://hostedmedia.reimanpub.com/TFH..._FIFOUW_01.JPG

Would it be up to code to run the drain line inside of the wall that will be covering the brick? The drain line would probably be about 9 feet long.

Or would I need to dig into the slab and bury the drain line?

I'm not sure about how to vent it. The closest vent through the roof is the one used by the upstairs tub. That is about 5 feet away from the water pipe and about 4.5 feet from the brick wall.

thanks,
Jeff

Advertisement

repoocaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:18 AM   #2

Yes, the drain and vent can be inside wall. And I think it is 5 feet max without it's own vent.

JIm

Advertisement

jamm51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:02 PM   #3

Jim,

Again, thanks for the info. I had a plumber out today and he suggested that we have the tub drain down under the slab since we'll have it open anyhow for moving the toilet and shower drain around. Then we can probably drain the bar sink into that as well.

thanks,
Jeff
repoocaj is offline   Reply With Quote