Back-to-Back Bathtubs - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-22-2012, 09:46 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Back-to-Back Bathtubs

I have two bathrooms upstairs, and the configurations is set so that the two bathtubs are back-to-back. A few years ago I had some remodeling done on both bathrooms, with a cultured marble surround in each. Now I am having trouble with both faucets, and I do not have an access panel to do anything. That means I will have to tear off the panels (and breaking them) to access the plumbing. What I would want is a way to remodel the bathroom so I can access each bath's plumbing without ruining the place. I can access the plumbing somewhat from the garage on the first floor, but nothing like replacing the faucet assemblies. Do I have to move the bathtub or shower to they are not back-to-back? That would be problematic. Anyone with any suggestions?

Advertisement

Cajun_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:05 AM   #2
Plumber/Contractor

Rewards Points: 2,634

Back-to-Back Bathtubs

If it's replacing a cartridge or seat washers, it can usually be done without opening the walls.
You didn't say what the issue is.

Advertisement

Tags
access panel , back-to-back