Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing


Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 127
Rewards Points: 75

Anyone know what this Is?

I don't know what this goes to I tried to turn it but the handle just bent cause it is soft. It is a pipe that goes down i dug about a foot inside the pipe, but nothing at that depth. the pink cup you see is the cleanout for the wast pipe, The gas line goes into the house on another side, so i know it's not that. Thinking maybe a shutoff close to the house? but that is sure close to the wast line. Idk there's a shutoff already at the water meter.

no_Wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:05 PM   #2
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4
Rewards Points: 10

Anyone know what this Is?

That looks like a shut off for an older water line. Many times u find that on galvanized water lines. I would avoid turning it. If u do it may have a weep hole in the ground that will drain the water from your mainline.

RooterRuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.