Anyone Have A Scaleblaster? - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-14-2012, 12:22 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 502

Anyone have a Scaleblaster?

Five years ago I moved into a new home that was serviced by city water. Little did I know, but the water is coming from huge underground aqueducts high in minerals. As a result, we have some serious problems with scaling. The stuff is all over our fixtures and has literally ruined our clear shower glass. Quite frankly, I don't know if it's lime or calcium deposits.

At first I was simply going to install a water softener, but my plumber suggested an electronic water conditioner. He said he's installed several EasyWater systems and his customers love them. Unlike some companies, he's not trying to sell me the unit. In fact, all he is selling is the installation and quite frankly he would make a lot more money installing the water softener. The bottom line is I trust this plumber and since he brought it up I figured I'd ask.

I'm looking at a unit called Scaleblaster. I spoke with the manufacturer for about a half hour today and I was pretty impressed with the technical support person's knowledge and honesty. He even said the biggest problem they have is getting people to understand the technology. Apparently this company has been in business for 25 years, has a great BBB rating, and works with hundreds of commercial companies, including water utilities.

I'm almost ready to take the plunge (no pun intended), but I thought I would reach out to this group before doing so. I'm particularly interested in feedback from members who are using a Scaleblaster or some other similar product.

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement

kcrossley2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:08 PM   #2
Remodeling Contractor

Rewards Points: 2,000

I sell and install Sonic water treatment. It is the same process, but geared for restaurants and commercial buildings. The water flows through an electronic field. Bacteria is destroyed. Chlorine is removed, minerals that cause scaling are broken down into a fine powder. This easily passes through all water using equipment without any buildup. Even used for chillers to prevent the costly use of chemical cleaning, saving $100,000 a year in energy costs.

Advertisement

Bob Mariani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:36 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Mariani View Post
I sell and install Sonic water treatment. It is the same process, but geared for restaurants and commercial buildings. The water flows through an electronic field. Bacteria is destroyed. Chlorine is removed, minerals that cause scaling are broken down into a fine powder. This easily passes through all water using equipment without any buildup. Even used for chillers to prevent the costly use of chemical cleaning, saving $100,000 a year in energy costs.
Do you have a website on this product. I had a little difficulty finding one.
Andy CWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:02 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 1,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy CWS View Post
Do you have a website on this product. I had a little difficulty finding one.
Looks to me like they're called Sonic Solutions out of MA.
VIPlumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:28 PM   #5
the Musigician

An interesting read on this subject.

http://www.chem1.com/CQ/gallery.html

DM
Old 07-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #6
Remodeling Contractor

our site for these products is http://www.gogreentechcorp.com. Not selling directly now but will soon.
Bob Mariani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
An interesting read on this subject.

http://www.chem1.com/CQ/gallery.html

DM
DangerMouse, thanks for your post.

Clearly, there are a lot of rip-off schemes out there, which the folks at ScaleBlaster openly acknowledged to me. They said getting people to understand the technology is difficult enough without dozens of companies offering bad products or scamming consumers out of their hard earned money.

In speaking with ScaleBlaster, there seems to be a lot of reverse engineering going on as well, which supports the "less than credible" theory behind the website you posted. In one instance I was told ScaleBlaster found out that a supposedly reputable, and well-marketed, competitor purchased under disguise several of their units, for reverse engineering purposes, and then had the balls to return them under the company's money-back guarantee. So yes, companies that offer ineffective or misleading products do exist–in this industry and others.

What I didn't see in the link you provided was any specific mention of ScaleBlaster or the products they manufacture. I would still love to hear from anyone who owns or has installed one or more of these devices–especially plumbers.

Thanks again for your post.

Last edited by kcrossley2; 07-15-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:39 PM   #8
the Musigician

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrossley2 View Post

What I didn't see in the link you provided was any specific mention of ScaleBlaster or the products they manufacture.
ScaleBan ™ EM scale control scale control by "Molecular Surface Energy Realignments", inducing aragonite rather than calcite formation
ScaleBlaster ™ EM scale control "ScaleBlaster's signal cable produces an oscillating electric field using a unique and complex modulating frequency wave form that produces an inaudible sonic impulse that changes the electrical and physical properties of the scale-forming calcium molecules."
Scale-Buster ® cavitation scale control The ISB Ion Scalebuster claims to use an "electro-static and cavitational process with Galvanic action" to precipitate calcium carbonate directly into the water stream. (1/08)

Sure it's there.... right between Scaleban and Scale-buster!

Click the link next to it to read the rest.

DM
Old 07-15-2012, 07:15 PM   #9

Quote:
ScaleBan ™ EM scale control scale control by "Molecular Surface Energy Realignments", inducing aragonite rather than calcite formation
ScaleBlaster ™ EM scale control "ScaleBlaster's signal cable produces an oscillating electric field using a unique and complex modulating frequency wave form that produces an inaudible sonic impulse that changes the electrical and physical properties of the scale-forming calcium molecules."
Scale-Buster ® cavitation scale control The ISB Ion Scalebuster claims to use an "electro-static and cavitational process with Galvanic action" to precipitate calcium carbonate directly into the water stream. (1/08)

Sure it's there.... right between Scaleban and Scale-buster!

Click the link next to it to read the rest.

DM
Sorry. What I meant to say is that there were no derogatory comments about ScaleBlaster—just a description of what it is.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #10
the Musigician

The "technology" is debunked on THIS page---> http://www.chem1.com/CQ/aquacrack.html#EMAG
Didn't you follow the link next to "ScaleBlaster"? (EM)

(From the author) Why do I waste my time on this stuff? Chemistry is my favorite subject, and I hate to see it misused to confuse, mislead or defraud the public.
Stephen Lower is a retired faculty member of the Dept of Chemistry, Simon Fraser University
Burnaby / Vancouver, Canada

DM
Old 07-15-2012, 08:03 PM   #11

No, I didn't.

But here's something else to consider. If this technology doesn't' work, then why is DIY Chatroom popping up ads at the bottom of this thread promoting this technology? Doesn't that border on irresponsible? Why would DIY Chatroom advocate and promote something that could possibly be defrauding their loyal subscribers out of a lot of money?
Old 07-15-2012, 08:10 PM   #12
the Musigician

DIY Chatroom does NOT place the ads you see here, Googleads does. It's all based upon subject content of the particular thread you happen to be reading. Nathan HAS requested scam ads be removed before (make your own electricity, etc.) and I'm sure he will again.

DM
Old 07-15-2012, 08:11 PM   #13

Quote:
DIY Chatroom does NOT place the ads you see here, Googleads does. It's all based upon subject content of the particular thread you happen to be reading. Nathan HAS requested scam ads be removed before (make your own electricity, etc.) and I'm sure he will again.

DM
I see. That makes sense.

Well I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping this technology would work.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:18 PM   #14
the Musigician

If it did, everyone would have one and they would be standard or even required on new homes.

P. T. Barnum answered the reason they sell decades ago.

DM

Advertisement