Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-21-2011, 10:31 AM   #1

Share |

Any "baseboard' heating that installs on wall?

I have forced hot water baseboard heating. I've got a basement bathroom with no heating, and no available wall space at floor level I can install a baseboard. The main reason is because the wall space that's available a pocket door slides into so I can't install a baseboard heating system there. I don't want electric either, I pay $0.23 per kW.

The only space I see where I can tie into my current FHW system and add heating is above the toilet. I was thinking I'll just get a FHW towel warmer, it will heat the room and warm my towels but not a very convenient place to be hanging towels. Then I saw the cost ($250 for the cheapest). Do they make a wall mounted FHW something I can plumb into my heating system that will fit/go above the toilet? Thanks

Last edited by Piedmont; 01-21-2011 at 10:39 AM.
Piedmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:57 PM   #2

A baseboard radiator can be installed at any height, although the circulation of warm air is less efficient if the baseboard is mounted really high and there is no ceiling fan.

A baseboard radiator that is not too squatty can be retrofitted with a U-turn (two elbows) and a non-finned pipe that goes under and back the other way so both inlet and outlet are at the same end of the unit. This may permit installing it in front of the pocket door pocket.

Last edited by AllanJ; 01-21-2011 at 01:05 PM.
AllanJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:05 PM   #3

Here is one manufacturer of units that would satisfy your requirements:

http://www.runtalnorthamerica.com/re...ors/index.html
Bob999 is offline   Reply With Quote