DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Another vent question

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  DangerMouse 
#1 ·
Since I have to move the toilet about 6" to the left (as shown) I was wondering if I could put the vent there? Also, is a 2" or 1" vent sufficient to go through the roof for 1 toilet (MAYBE 2) and 3 drains? (tub, sink and sink) What I propose doesn't look right to me.... I think the vent should be on the 2" pipe on the left, yes?

Thanks

DM

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I would say that would work well, BUT, it would not pass code in Oregon. No fixture may be tapped into a trap arm (piping between fixture and vent)

That vent should be between the toilet and the kitchen/lav/bathtub drain.

Not sure how to do that exactly, or if you can use a wye in that configuration for the vent. Normally we would do it exactly how you have it there in the picture, and we would offset the kitchen/lav/bathtub drain to tie in after the vent.
2" is fine for that vent.

#3 ·
I have 4" couplers and scrap to extend to the left instead of the edited in piece shown.
So to be sure, I can use 2" on the sink drains (add a tee right in that area, I guess?) to vent and on up to the roof?
And it will adequately vent the toilet(s)?

Thanks

DM

#4 ·
Just to clarify :

Your toilet vent fitting as shown is fine, and I don't believe if you put it on the vertical piping that it would pass code. . .

Your drain fitting for the other stuff is what WOULDN'T pass code. You need a wye downstream of the toilet vent, and a couple of 2" 1/8 bends to make the transition.

Make sense? :huh:

#5 ·
I'm still working it out...
Look at pic in post #5 here and see if it makes more sense?
http://www.diychatroom.com/f7/more-drain-size-questions-77054
I'm still unsure if 2" through the roof is ok.... so I show a 4", which it seems is overkill?
I'm getting flustered switching pieces around trying to get it right, and then to FIT right...lol

DM

#6 ·
In regards to this photo Alan is correct. The kitchen line needs to tie in downstream of the toilet vent
In regards to the other photo- remove the 4x2 wye, can't put it there. That is a trap arm( 6' max length). Now rotate the san tee 180 degrees, make your pipe labled toilet your vent(you can bush it down to 2") and your 90, the toilet. The 4x2 wye I told you to remove, put it on the lower drain line. Now it is a branch line for your sink, lav, tub,etc.

#7 ·
Does anyone know of a website that has a graphic(s) depicting the plumbing pieces I'm using/needing, labeling them so I know what's called what? Some of these terms I don't know, so it makes it more confusing to me. Tried to google it and all I can find is toilets and sinks... lol I guess I need pictures!

DM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.