DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   Angle valve on 1/2" copper tube for bathroom sink (

Bigb142 12-10-2011 12:25 AM

Angle valve on 1/2" copper tube for bathroom sink
I have an angle valve to put on 1/2" copper pipe to supply the bathroom sink with water. I'm not sure how this valve attaches or even what it called? It's a valve with a plastic tube that has a rubber gasket on it then a sleeve slides over the assembly and tightens to the valve. Please help this misguided plumber!!!

oh'mike 12-10-2011 04:15 AM

Is it possible to post a picture? Are you trying to replace it? Tell us more---Mike--

Just Bill 12-10-2011 06:33 AM

Home stores have fairly good books for the DIY'er. You need to get a plumbing book and learn to identify the various connection methods. Otherwise, you could end up with a lot of water where you don't want it.

It sounds like you are describing a compression type fitting. There is a brass sleeve(ferrule) inside the fitting that compresses around the pipe as you tighten it. Getting it tight is important or you will have leaks. I usually use plumbers grease on the ferrule and threads which allows you to tighten things easier.

oh'mike 12-10-2011 07:04 AM

Bill--I think he is describing a 'shark bite' style push on thing with the water line already attached--

If that's the item----I don't like them--at all---pure junk and damn near impossible to remove if you have trouble.

joecaption 12-10-2011 08:24 AM

Without a picture anyone can only guess on this one.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.