Amtrol wx-230 well tank
Amtrol wx-230 tank. Water pressure is low. Water coming out of faucets getting slower. How do I check and add air pressure to the tank. I had a technician come out several years ago and he fixed the problem by putting in the right air pressure in the tank. I forgot how he did it?
Anu advice how to?
There's a little air valve on top of the tank (just like the stem on a tire). First, push in the little pin; the only thing that should come out is air. If water squirts out, you need a new tank.
If only air comes out, the tank is probably still OK, but it's lost it's air pressure. In that case:
1) Kill the power to the well pump
2) Close the main shut off valve to the house
3) Drain the tank
4) Pump up the top chamber of the tank with an air compressor until it's back to the recommended pressure (stated on the tank). Just like filling a car tire: Pump it up / check with guage.
5) Close the drain valve
6) Turn the power back on to the well pump and wait for the pressure switch to shut off the pump automatically (probably around 60psi)
7) Open the main shut-off valve
Sounds more like a clogged filter to me.
You shouldn't have to keep putting air into the bladder unless :
A : The valve stem is leaking, in which case the valve inside the stem needs to be replaced
B : The bladder is leaking causing the airspace to become waterlogged in which case you can't put air into it anyway and the whole tank needs to be replaced. (this wouldn't cause the symptoms you're having)
I'm leaning more toward clogged filters based on the way you describe it.
does the pressure switch snap in and out quickly thats a sign of waterlog tank meaning you need to adjust air....low pressure could be something else as mentioned clogged filters, pump running slow,or going bad??????
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 AM.|
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.