Amtrol Boilermate, Thermostat Well, Watertight? - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-29-2010, 11:22 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 150

Amtrol Boilermate, thermostat well, watertight?

Grrr. Let me start off by stating that I am not a plumber. I don't claim to be a plumber. I don't even play one on TV. I'm an electrician. I play with wires. I don't like pipes and I don't like working on anything that has the ability to flood the basement.

That said, a low-income friend of mine needed a water heater replaced, and stupid me agreed to it. "It's only four pipes and a thermostat wire. How hard can it be?!"

If somebody really wants to know, I'll explain how I wound up in my current situation, but I'd rather avoid the embarassment and just ask, simply, is the thermostat well isolated from the inside of the tank? ie, assuming I can't get the retainer bolt back in where it goes, if I devise another way to make sure the sensor bulb stays all the way up in there, but my new method isn't waterproof, will I wind up with water all over the floor?

Advertisement

Last edited by emolatur; 11-29-2010 at 11:26 AM.
emolatur is offline   Reply With Quote