Always Clogged Toilets, HELP! - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-27-2010, 04:24 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

always clogged toilets, HELP!

Since we moved in this new home, 3 years ago, the new economic and efficient kind of toilet made by Briggs rarely ever flushes! The water quantity and pressure it's ok, but the toilet outlet it's incredible small, so every day they clog!
I have to use a plunger all the time to chop the content that does never flushes and after I flush the toilet many times, finally it's going down...! Pls, don't tell me to use a water bucket...I won't.
I just want a toilet that flushes every time, that's all...I don't even care if it's an efficient one, I have to use every day five times more water when it doesn't flush, anyway!
Does anyone know where I can buy one of those old, larger outlet toilets or some toilets from Canada, perhaps, something with a bigger outlet. Where do I can find those? What sites, what cities, where?
Thank you guys for your help! A Worried Mom

Advertisement

clogged_toilets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 05:05 PM   #2
Doing it myself

Rewards Points: 2,024
Send a message via AIM to Alan Send a message via MSN to Alan

Why won't you dump a bucket of water in it? That's the normal suggestion for plumbers to make to see if it will take an appropriate amount of water.

If it's not taking just water, you may need a plumber to come snake the toilet or snake the drain line.

If you won't do that, it will be difficult to direct you.

Advertisement

Old 03-27-2010, 05:11 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 500

OP...Building material Salvage yards often have some of the older "more water wasting" commodes.

Before you go that route... I noticed your signature...worried mom.

I once tracked down a "why won't this flush right" problem to a looney tunes tooth paste cap 2.5" diameter.. lodged in a Y fitting...creating the perfect semi-clog.

The commode designers and testers use golf balls, assorted paper wads..etc... they should hire 3 year olds with their assorted arsonal of
matchbook cars..puzzle pieces..doll heads... and various prized posessions belonging to their siblings that these real life toilet testers use.

In the mind of little ones...electricity comes from walls.. and the toilet bowl is the great magic hole that makes things vanish. Besides it's fun to watch them disappear. After all..we make it such a big deal for them to use this thing... why not really see what it can do.

Consider getting the drains lines cleaned... something might even be trapped in the commode itself.

Good luck... hope this turns out to be an easy find it and fix.
Big Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:44 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 526

bones left over from a pot roast several eons ago also makes a perfect head scratch fodder. dont ask me how I know
4just1don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:34 PM   #5
Do something

Rewards Points: 75

Get rid of the Briggs toilet(s), consider installing Toto toilets. Have a licensed plumber come to your home and with a micro camera, look into the trapway of the toilet(s) for clogging content. If there is nothing in there move next to jetting/snaking the line and checking the same line with a camera too. Best of luck!
D'Brie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 06:30 PM   #6
DIY staff

Rewards Points: 3,304

The new Kohler toilets are very good --
oh'mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:17 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 1,000

Toto - flush great. I recommend the one piece units, easy to clean - elongaged bowl, comfy for the guys - self closing seat, for the gals.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vsheetz For This Useful Post:
oh'mike (03-28-2010)
Old 04-21-2010, 07:44 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 42

My daughter would not stop flushing the roll holder down, you know the plastic kind with the spring. The last time she did it, I could not snake it out no matter what. I even had that thing upside down on my front lawn snaking it from the bottom. Fortunately, it was an old toilet. I got one of those American Standard champion 4 models http://www.homedepot.com/Bath-Toilet...atalogId=10053 They say it can flush a bucket of golf balls.
Jim F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:09 AM   #9
paper hanger and painter

Rewards Points: 2,238

[quote=Jim F;431714]My daughter would not stop flushing the roll holder down, you know the plastic kind with the spring. The last time she did it, I could not snake it out no matter what. I even had that thing upside down on my front lawn snaking it from the bottom. Fortunately, it was an old toilet. I got one of those American Standard champion 4 models http://www.homedepot.com/Bath-Toilet...atalogId=10053 They say it can flush a bucket of golf balls.[/quote]

Have you tried that?

Advertisement

chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clogged toilets