Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-30-2006, 11:52 AM   #1

Share |

air in water lines

Hello, We recently purchased a home that has a well. We were not getting much water pressure so we have replaced the Jet pump (shallow well) and the pressure tank, but we are now getting some serious air in our lines. We have been told that the our well is about 20 feet deep. We have bleed the lines, yet it seems to keep coming back. Thought I would ask if anyone knows what is causing this, or a cure, before I call out a plumber. The pump is a craftman Hydorglass 1/2 horse shallow well jet pump, the pressure tank is a Flotec and is set at 30/50. Would love any help on this.
chattiechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 12:12 PM   #2

air in water lines

is the well going dry?
redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 12:36 PM   #3

air in water lines

We are on a very large water table, however we have been in our dry season for several months, and the table could be down right now. We live on the north coast in Oregon, so we will be going in to our wet season any day now. Would that cause all the air, or could there be a leak down in the main pipe in the well? We are having a hard time finding anyone who will work on a well here. Would appreciate any help!!

ps. I should also say that we never have lost suction at the well, and we have been doing some major power washing, (like for up to 8 hours at a time) and never have run out of water, if that helps.

Last edited by chattiechick; 11-01-2006 at 12:40 PM. Reason: adding more content
chattiechick is offline   Reply With Quote