Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-28-2010, 01:36 PM   #1

Share |

Air conditioner is leaking from top of furnace

I have an old air conditioner and furnace... Just the other day I noticed a bunch of water on the floor and it is leaking from between the duct work and the top of the furnace. I removed the drain hose and flushed it out with bleach, seems to have no obstructions so I hooked it back up to the 1/2" copper fitting that runs to a drain. It does go uphill at the end but it has never given me this problem in the last 3 years so I doubt that is it. What is the next step? Could it need a new evaporator coil? Could it just be plugged up somewhere else? Thanks, this is driving me nuts and I am almost ready to get a a plumber in to look at it.

lt1tyrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:15 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt1tyrell View Post
I have an old air conditioner and furnace... Just the other day I noticed a bunch of water on the floor and it is leaking from between the duct work and the top of the furnace. I removed the drain hose and flushed it out with bleach, seems to have no obstructions so I hooked it back up to the 1/2" copper fitting that runs to a drain. It does go uphill at the end but it has never given me this problem in the last 3 years so I doubt that is it. What is the next step? Could it need a new evaporator coil? Could it just be plugged up somewhere else? Thanks, this is driving me nuts and I am almost ready to get a a plumber in to look at it.
Remove the front cover panel to expose the coils and pan. The drain is probably backing up due to a blockage.

handy man88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:08 PM   #3

Ok thanks I will see what I can do!
lt1tyrell is offline   Reply With Quote