Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

after toilet fix - no hot water to bathroom

When tightening pipe to toilet the entire fixture came out from wall and there was massive water burst. after turning off valves in basement. and replacing fixture, toilet works perfectly but cannot get hot water to return to sink and shower in affected bathrm. also cold water only works in shower when sink faucet is turn on in same bathroom. I never touched sink plumbing and all valves are returned to ON position in basement and under sink. all other water throughout house works properly. Please help me.

Last edited by ladyfixit; 10-09-2011 at 01:53 PM. Reason: corrections
ladyfixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:11 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 0

after toilet fix - no hot water to bathroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyfixit
When tightening pipe to toilet the entire fixture came out from wall and there was massive water burst. after turning off valves in basement. and replacing fixture, toilet works perfectly but cannot get hot water to return to sink and shower in affected bathrm. also cold water only works in shower when sink faucet is turn on in same bathroom. I never touched sink plumbing and all valves are returned to ON position in basement and under sink. all other water throughout house works properly. Please help me.
Ok before we start with going back to the toilet area you made shore all your valves that you turned off in basement are back on? I know you stated that you check but if something blows out with water all over the place we don't think about what we shut off in the panic stage of shutting water off.
So what exactly blew off? The shut off valve to toilet or the hole pipe beyond the wall?

H|P Capital

Mark Potter is offline   Reply With Quote