Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-12-2008, 07:21 AM   #1

Share |

Aeration of Well Water

I am having difficulty with my well water, I have installed an air induction filtration system for manganese control. The system worked well until a few months ago and now it the venturi does not work, not sure if something went wrong with the unit, as I have cleaned it and realy nothing there. It does need 5 gal per min across the venturi and not sure it is getting that now. Also I have heard of using a sniffer valve in the well which adds air to the water. Can anyone help.

POMDchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 02:48 PM   #2
Water quality'n pump guy

Aeration of Well Water

That would be an air injection system using a venturi, not induction and a sniffer would be an air injector which you already have.

An venturi (injector) can block but you say you've cleaned yours but air injection can cause a blockage in the pipe/plumbing past the venturi toward the filter and that will reduce water flow and pressure and that causes the filter media to fail.

The air hole in the side of the venturi can block up too; along with the hole in it that your water flows through.

Gary Slusser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 07:44 PM   #3

Aeration of Well Water

Thanks, yes what I have an injection system with venturi, and I have cleaned it and really nothing is there and it looks clean. Are you saying there might be blockage down stream? Not sure if pump is getting weak and thought I might go with the sniffer valve in the well but can't find anyone that can help me. What is the proper term and how would I install it if I did? I had one installed in a system before but moved and forget how it was installed.

Thanks
POMDchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 06:57 PM   #4
Water quality'n pump guy

Aeration of Well Water

.... a blockage in the pipe/plumbing past the venturi toward the filter and that will reduce water flow and pressure and that causes the filter media to fail.

Take the venturi out and look in the pipe going past it to the filter for blockage.
Gary Slusser is offline   Reply With Quote