Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-17-2013, 11:05 PM   #1

Share |

Adding tub drain to Toilet Branch

I am remodeling an old 2nd floor bathroom and want to put the tub on the same branch as the toilet. See the picture below.

I want to put the toilet between the tub and the tub drain. I was thinking of using a long sweep with a low heel inlet to connect the tub to the toilet and then the toilet to the stack. There is a separate vent line by the tub already, so that won’t be an issue. It is OK code in Kansas City. My question is whether this works well or not – I have read that if the toilet is not always at the end of a branch, low volume toilets tend not to get sufficient suction to pull waste all the way through the toilet’s trap. There really isn’t enough clearance to put a wye fitting between the closet bend itself and the stack Tee to connect the tub on the “dirty” side. Any thoughts?
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Adding tub drain to Toilet Branch-2nd-floor-soil-plumbing.jpg  
JP's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toilet tub drain