DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Adding a Second Sink to Vanity

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  TheEplumber 
#1 ·
Hello,

I am currently renovating our master bathroom and have ordered larger vanity cabinets and am thinking of adding a second sink.

The vanity is 75" in length (30" vanity is 21" deep; 15" drawer bank that is 18" deep; then another 30" vanity).

Currently there is a 2" waste line that comes up under what would be the left sink and a 1.5" vent that I will tie back into that goes into the wall. Given the length of the vanity, the drains would be 45" apart and I would use the space behind the drawer bank to run the drain lines through.

Should I just come off the 2" line with a double santee and convert everything from that point to 1.5", with one drain running the longer distance to the right sink (~45") and the other being a short distance to catch the left sink? Then there would be 2 traps installed. I would then have the single vent off the double santee to reconnect with my 1.5" pipe that currently exists.

Thanks in advance,
Marty

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.