Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-02-2013, 01:54 AM   #1

Share |

Adding Laundry Sink

I am in the process of adding a laundry sink next to the washer. I have attached diagrams of the current setup and proposed new DWS system. The vents are all dry. The washer is front loading and uses 13 gallons through a full wash cycle and dumps it in little amounts at a time through a 3/4" hose (so the 2" drain is more than enough). All slopes are 1/4" per foot.

Just a few questions:
  • Do I need to switch to 2" pipe where the 1.5" San T dumps in to the 2" elbow or can I run 1.5" all the way to the 2" combo tee at the base of the vent stack?
  • Is there an option for not adding another vent (I added the vent since I could not figure out how to keep the sink drain outlet above the trap and still get under the p trap of the washer)?
  • I want to use 1.25" for the new vent to get through the stud with smaller hole but I can not find it in ABS. Can I use transition glue for PVC for the horizontal piece of the new vent section only? That section of the vent is dry and well above any potential water level (the house would be 4' under water at that point).
  • Is there a better location for the test tee cleanout? Is 1.5" okay to use for a cleanout? Currently there is no cleanout.
  • The San T for the sink outlet fits directly into a 1.5" to 2" bushing inside a 2" elbow. Is this the correct use of these fittings (no pipe is used in this transition).
Any help is appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf new2.pdf (53.7 KB, 58 views)
File Type: pdf current.pdf (31.6 KB, 46 views)

notlawd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:07 AM   #2
Master Plumber

Adding Laundry Sink

Looks Good keep everything in 2 inches up to the test tee and the tub arm go with a 2x2x1-1/2 sanitary picking up the tub and a bushing on the test tee dropping it down one pipe size to 1-1/2 for your vent. depending on your location this may or may not be up to code under mine the IPC its fine.

Experience is Knowing what to do next, Skill is knowing how to do it

http://www.americandrain.net
Javiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:15 PM   #3

Adding Laundry Sink

Thanks for the help. I was originally planning on using a 2x2x1.5 San T but it drops the 2" pipe too low making it go uphill. I would have to raise the sink drain a couple inches to keep a slope and the sink I have is deep so it may not work at that height. Is the 1.5" out of code?
Old 01-02-2013, 10:15 PM   #4

Adding Laundry Sink

I made a few changes since the sanitarty elbow under the San T was not correct in that position. How does this new sketch look?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf new.pdf (27.6 KB, 52 views)