Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-08-2012, 01:12 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Adding BathRoom - Initial Thoughts

I have (2) large bedrooms with a bath between them. The wife has seen some pictures of a guest sink/vanity in magizines and wants to have it in the room without direct access to the existing bathroom. Just a sink, vanity, mirror and lighting. As we will be selling the house in a year or so we were thinking it would make it unique to other homes and moreover serve a purpose for guests who could use the existing bath and then go back to the guest bedroom and shave, hair or whatever!

Sorry for such basic questions. I am just wondering and have not had any estimates yet. If it matters I am in Texas. Can I connect the new sink directly to the existing bath plumbing? The plumbing is pretty much behind
where she wants to put the new vanity, sink, etc? Like tap into
both hot/cold water and waste water plumbing? I did attempt to read the 'codes' both city/state but was somewhat lost with it.

Thanks!

I was thinking if it's within code it would not be too much $$ to have this done?

pinkfloyd43 is offline   Reply With Quote