Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-18-2011, 10:56 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 254

add second bathroom sink - tap into original

Hey all - we have a doublewide vanity. The sink is on the right. There's plenty of room on the left for a second sink. I've owned homes with double sinks before - and each has their own hot/cold water supply and drain (presumably the drains of each meet up into one somewhere).

Anyway - can I drop in a few sink and add a faucet - but just tap into the original sink's water supply and drain?

And a related question - I recently redid the walls and mirror around this vanity. Only now am I thinking about the second sink. The vanity is that white shiny soapstone stuff. The original sink is molded into it. Is it possible to get a new drop-in sink (two, actually) and cut out the old molded-in sink and drop in the new one(s)?

Thanks!

denemante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 01:21 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

add second bathroom sink - tap into original

Yes you can tap into the existing sink supply and run a second set of supplies to the new sink. Also I have heard it done, but never seen it, about cutting out the old molded sink then adding a second hole and using two new sinks. Sounds like a good idea if you really like your vanity top. By the time your fabricator (maybe yourself) cuts out the old sink and adds a second hole, the cost may be higher than just buying a new one with 2 holes already cut out. Good luck.

antalamo is offline   Reply With Quote