DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Acrylic tub surrounds vs others?

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  la196 
#1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone have experience with acrylic tub surrounds vs propylene? I'm looking for a tub surround that is durable and easy to look after. I was thinking of ceramic tile but then read posts saying maintenance is high on ceramic (although, we live in a very dry climate).

The thin propylene tub surrounds I saw at Home Depot seem too fragile. I came across the AmeriWall kits by American Bath Industries online and they make claims it's superior in many ways. So that leaves me thinking that acrylic would be the best option . . .

Thanks

Peter

#2 ·
I just ordered AmeriWall last week, it should arrive this Tuesday Nov 11th. We won't get it installed until the Thanksgiving weekend but I'm looking forward in the "hands on" with the product once it arrives. I chose it because of the fact that unlike anything I've found around town or online, none were as rigid (5/8 think). I'll try to post back once I receive the product. Although it was pricey, and the S & H was high, the customer service was very professional and prompt. I'll try to post back once it arrives. Between now and Thanksgiving weekend we will tear out the existing 4 x 4 ceramic and tear down to the studs. Then replace with cement board. Again, I'll try to post as we go along.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.