DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   Access cover for hose bib shutoff valve (

reblace 09-10-2012 11:54 AM

Access cover for hose bib shutoff valve
I'm looking for a cover for my hose bib shutoff valve access hole in the ceiling of my basement that I'm finishing. I know I could just use a return grille, but I was wondering if anyone makes a more elegant solution.

I was thinking a 12x12" plastic panel with a snap on/off flush cover. In a pinch I was thinking I could use a two or three gang multimedia outlet box and then the faceplate would be the cover. Does the IRC or applicable plumbing code specify a size requirement for such access panels?


TheEplumber 09-10-2012 07:44 PM

They make a panel of plastic. Maybe search Home Depot.
We use them a lot for valves. Should be 10-15 bucks

joecaption 09-10-2012 08:10 PM

There sold in the plumbing dept. at any Lowes of HD.
Cut the hole and they just snap in place.

allthumbsdiy 09-10-2012 08:44 PM

I was thinking about doing the same.

Google "plumbing access panel" to research different variety.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1