Ac Vent Leaking Help! - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-20-2010, 02:38 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Ac vent leaking help!

First off thank you so much for taking your time to read this and helping out. I have an issue in my house and is hard to diagnose what the problem is. I live in a 2 story house with 2 bathrooms that are right above each other. When I turn on the water to the 2nd floor bathtub, water is coming down pretty hard through the ac vent on the first floor bathroom. My question is whether its a leak or a condensation problem and how I would go about fixing this. I am not a handyman and I dont want to spend a fortune calling a repairman. It was also a very rainy day when this problem started to happen but I am doubting its a condensation problem because the water is not leaking but coming down like a waterfall. I am wondering if the rain could have anything to do with this. thank you

Advertisement

Last edited by pleasehelp702; 12-20-2010 at 02:51 PM.
pleasehelp702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:27 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 150

Ac vent leaking help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleasehelp702 View Post
First off thank you so much for taking your time to read this and helping out. I have an issue in my house and is hard to diagnose what the problem is. I live in a 2 story house with 2 bathrooms that are right above each other. When I turn on the water to the 2nd floor bathtub, water is coming down pretty hard through the ac vent on the first floor bathroom. My question is whether its a leak or a condensation problem and how I would go about fixing this. I am not a handyman and I dont want to spend a fortune calling a repairman. It was also a very rainy day when this problem started to happen but I am doubting its a condensation problem because the water is not leaking but coming down like a waterfall. I am wondering if the rain could have anything to do with this. thank you
OK... I doubt it is condensation if it is only happening when you run the water

Steps to take
1- Plug the drain and turn on the water through the faucet... Look for the leak- let it run for a few minuts to make sure it does not leak. If it leaks- Then the leak is at the faucet... If not
2- Turn the water to the Shower... Same thing... If it Leaks then the leak is between the Diverter and Shower head
3- Let the tub fill up a little bit and remove plug. If it leaks then the leak is in your drain

Depending on the location determines how to repair

Advertisement

Docwhitley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 01:38 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Ac vent leaking help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docwhitley View Post
OK... I doubt it is condensation if it is only happening when you run the water

Steps to take
1- Plug the drain and turn on the water through the faucet... Look for the leak- let it run for a few minuts to make sure it does not leak. If it leaks- Then the leak is at the faucet... If not
2- Turn the water to the Shower... Same thing... If it Leaks then the leak is between the Diverter and Shower head
3- Let the tub fill up a little bit and remove plug. If it leaks then the leak is in your drain

Depending on the location determines how to repair

Thank you for the help. Are any of these repairs a major repair such as knocking out a drywall or taking the bathtub out. I will follow your instructions and get back at you. thank you
pleasehelp702 is offline   Reply With Quote