Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-22-2010, 08:58 PM   #1

Share |

2 Quick Questions - help

Ok,
I am well into the remodel of one of my bathrooms. The bathroom has a basic alcove tub (60X32) and I have it leveled, and on really good base...copper is done, now I am onto the drain,

Q: Is there some trick to getting the drain all lined up - I am going from a 1.5 inch ABS into the stack that is right in the corner, but trying to get all the pipes sized and dry fitted its a nightmare - I cannot imagine once I am ready to glue and make a mistake...I don;t want to have to re-do that Y in the 3 inch.

I am working in a pretty tight access behind the tub trying to get the P trap, overflow and tub drain to hook up...its a nightmare. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Second question: What purpose does the 1X3 rail around the underside of the tup ede serve? The manual clearly says that the weight of the tub is not supposed to rest on this rail...and I am finding it tough to get the rail in exactly the right spot...touching but not supporting weight..Comments anyone?

Thanks in advance for you replies - I have learned a ton from this site!

D in mtl
dmanmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:11 PM   #2

2 Quick Questions - help

I take it mtl means montreal?
Tim-C is offline   Reply With Quote