DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

2 P-Traps On One Drain lIne???????

22K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JeffG112 
#1 ·
Okay, I am going to be doing a tile shower in our basement. Here's the deal, right now the space where the shower is going to be, the drain is located on the left side and I want to move it to the center of the space. There now is a 2" pipe with a p-trap that ties into the main drain line and I want to connect onto that trap and extend it to the center of where the shower is going to be. I was wondering if I need to put another P-trap there where the new drain will be located? There is no way that I can take the first P-Trap off without cutting up concrete so I am trying to avoid that if I can but I can tie into it to move the drain. Basically, I need to know what to do. Can I have 2 P-traps that close together? Please let me know. Thanks.

#2 ·
You will have to cut concrete to move the drain to the center, remove the old trap and install it under the new drain where it is supposed to be. If you ever have to snake that line you will be glad you did.

Reactions: jaydevries
#4 ·
I just did it the right way!

Thanks everyone who responded. I just cut back the concrete, cut off the old trap and relocated the new trap where it is supposed to be located. Lot more work but after the responses I sure glad that I did. Again, Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.