DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1/2 inch sweat to 3/4 thread male?

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  iamsaws 
#1 ·
I just put in a outdoor shower, for ease of winterization I used two frost free sillcocks for the water to the outside. Then I was going to simply use washing machine SS hoses to connect to the outside copper plumbing I ran .

So, I went to hook up the hose and I can't get a tight connection on the 1/2 in sweat to 3/4 male thread? Why would the hose not connect to it?

I finally just doubled up the washers, thru some teflon on it to at least use it tonight, but would like to fix it. Should I use a water heater hoses or basically why doesnt washing machine hose thread on a 3/4 male? Did i just use the wrong fitting, is there different threads on copper fittings?

thanks!

#5 ·
can't believe I haven't seen or heard of it with the amount of time I spend looking at plumbing stuff (for a DIY) started out plumbing projects making 6 trips per project, now I just buy $400+ worth of plumbing supplies for a $50 project, that way its 2 trips!

Thanks for the help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.