Trying To Control Ticks In SW Missouri - Pest Control - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Pest Control

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-02-2016, 06:15 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 722

Trying to control ticks in SW Missouri

I own some property on Table Rock lake in SW missouri. For reasons I can explain later, I really, really, really want to do what I can to control ticks on my land. I try to spread granules when I can, but I've only been there once this year. The weather is unseasonably mild right now and I'll be there very soon. Is it too late to spread granules this season or would they still help some?

Advertisement

Master Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:40 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 316

Re: Trying to control ticks in SW Missouri

Get with the manufacturer on the package and ask for tech service. They should know. Ticks are a tough bunch. Like other spiders.

Advertisement

papereater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 10:33 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 3,450

Re: Trying to control ticks in SW Missouri

I also have a tick problem in my area and one approach I read in our local paper seemed unique. It won't solve the problem, but it addresses it from a different direction.

Mice are one of the critters that distribute the ticks so they recommended placing multiple boxes of cotton or other material where the mice could easily get it and treat that material with an appropriate insect control. I'm not sure if the stuff we put on our pets kills the ticks or just chases them away, TBD.

The other suggestion was a feeding station for deer where, as they ate, their neck would rub against a similar chemical. Feeding stations are an issue up here but the idea is still good.

I really like the treated bedding for the mice as one can never eliminate them so might as well eliminate the ticks they carry. A good long term approach. Plus the mice will love the nice bedding.

Bud
Bud9051 is offline   Reply With Quote